Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Start A Book Club!

A really inexpensive and fun way to spend your time is by joining or starting your own book club. Ask some friends/neighbors/relatives who live near-by if they would be interested. Choose a book to get the club going, maybe something on the Bestsellers List. Instead of buying the book consider borrowing a copy from your local library. Keep your group small and informal, arrange to have some refreshments for everyone to enjoy. The less complicated you make the club the easier it will be to keep it going. Remember this can be a great excuse to make time for friends doing something you truly enjoy.

My neighbor, and good friend, just started a book club and I jumped on the chance to join. I am excited about spending time once a month or so with some good friends, good food, and good conversation. I am excited for the opportunity to read books I may not have otherwise picked on my own and am looking forward to our regular gatherings to discuss them. It has been some time, as I am a stay-at-home mom, that I have been able to get together with my peers and engage in stimulating conversation. I think having hobbies and outside interests is a necessary part of a fulfilling life. I love being a mom but I need to be my own person as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment